“The secret of getting ahead is getting started”– Mark Twain
I know, we all understand that motivation is important everything we do , is because of motivation, without motivation it feels boring to do the work.
Think about doing Your own household thing without any motivation , you can never do it you feel Lazy to do all the things for example: getting ready, cleaning home, setting the things .
BUT, what if someone is going to visit your home, obviously you want to show them how really well dressed you are ,how clean your home is and everything.
Out of a sudden your motivation changes you don’t feel lazy anymore. This is why Motivation behind your back is always necessary .
What is motivation?
Motivation is the drive to achieve your goals or needs. It is influenced by:
- how much you want the goal
- what you will gain
- your personal expectations
“Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you” – Jack Canfield
Why is motivation important?
Motivation is important because it:
- provides you with goals to work towards
- helps you solve problems
- helps you cope with challenges and opportunities
“The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today” – Franklin D.
Most people struggle with motivation, but if you want to get motivated so:
- Set yourself one specific, achievable goal.
- Think about how to include that goal in your life, what you need do to make it happen, and then put a timeframe on it (such as a week).
- Break your goal into small, easy tasks and set regular reminders.
- Use your family and friendsas support – tell them about your goals and encourage them to help keep you motivated.
“There are no limits to what you can accomplish, except the limits you place on your own thinking” – Brian Tracy
Ways to keep on track
- Make your goal part of your routine by using a diary or app for reminders.
- Positivity is important and effective in managing depression or anxiety. Instead of saying ‘I can’t’, say ‘I can try’
- Mindfulnesshelps keep you relaxed and focused.
- Start a class or join a support group. Support groups can be as effective as professional help.
- Reward yourself when you have completed a step or goal.
“All our dreams will come true, if we have the courage to pursue them” – Walt Disney
Ways to stay motivated
Here are some tips:
- Regularly review your goals and progress. Seeing progress is a great motivator in itself, and also improves your self esteem.
- Continue to set new goals. Think about what you want to achieve next week, next month and next year. Tackle one goal at a time so you don’t feel overwhelmed.
- Keep the momentum up. It takes up to 3 months to develop a new habit, so keeping the momentum and routine helps it feel more automatic over time.
- Find mentors – a mentor is someone who is experienced in the habit you want to change. Finding social or support groups with the same interest can help you find a mentor.
- Surround yourself with positive people. Positive friends and family enhance your positive self-talk, which also helps to manage the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
- Use exercise as one of your daily goals to improve your mental health.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Where Motivation Leads You
- Motivation leads you to execution:
First motivation lead you into action why do many people fail to achieve their goals? Just because they don’t take enough action we all want to get back and shape but sometime we didn’t because we often lacks the motivation to stick to our plan if you will be motivated you will definitely execute your plans , appropriately.
- Motivation makes you more committed:
We always had heard, stay committed to achieve great success in life but we had only heard this, to stay committed that’s only YOU who keeps itself motivated.
When your motivation is strong you feel more committed and are willing to do whatever it takes in fact motivation comes hand in hand with commitment if you really don’t feel committed to your goals you will never let your goals execute it and take action upon them.
- Motivation brings you more opportunities:
Yes, motivation is a great source of bringing you more opportunities.
But the question rises why ? and how? answer is so simple when you are motivated you are full of energy and passionate you will never sit and do nothing inside, you will go out and make things happen.
Regardless of whether your method works or not you will somehow stumble upon something that you will never regret , just because you even tried.
Nobody have all the answers in the beginning but once they started there is not a single option left for them to look back just because they are motivated they want their goals to achieve a desired destination in their life.
And at last these good opportunities never let you feel disappointed, at every step a word success will be following you.
- Motivation grows your self confidence:
People who are motivated are supposed to have a higher level of self confidence.
When you are motivated you somehow feel more confident with yourself than when you are not.
In fact motivation can bring out a lot of your inner positive values and characters, motivation increases energy level and also make you happier.
When you are feeling pumped you can feel the adrenaline rush to help you go through tough time, complete your goals, works on the difficult task and even boost your level of productivity to achieve more .
The thing is that when you are motivated you feel more confident ,and when you are confident you are likely to venture out of your comfort zone and getting straight to the things you are scared of.
- Motivation helps you overcome setbacks:
Again, motivation can help you overcome setbacks and go through difficult times.
However, things will be gleam if you lose your hope and motivation.
Imagine just getting back on a great opportunity or getting failed over something just because you are feeling demotivated and at that time you didn’t motivate yourself, it means you are not going to do same thing again because that time the feeling of failure will also be lingering in your head.
Things are beautiful and can be succeeded when you are totally pumped up with motivation.
- Motivation keeps you on course:
Think about how many people have started online business or started as sales career but failed to produce any significant success.
I have seen many times people just fail to stick to their plan because they lack motivation.
Just example of a Blogger they started a blog but after a few weeks when they don’t see any significant progress, they doubt themselves they think that blogging doesn’t work, it’s a waste of time or many negativity come across on your head .
Even they may switch their field to something different , just because they didn’t stay on their course.
Success always take time to work out but there is only motivation which lead you to stay on your course and getting succeeded.
What to do if you lose motivation.
Setbacks are normal, but developing resilience can help you carry on and pick up where you left off. Here are some tips to help you find your motivation again:
- Review your goals and see if they are realistic in the timeframe you have set. You may need to break your goal down further into smaller and more achievable goals.
- Remember why you wanted to get motivated or reach that goal in the first place.
- Take motivation from others – feel inspired by reading a book, talking to your mentor or friends or family who have reached similar goals to the ones you have set.
- Sometimes you just need to take a break and start afresh.
“Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.” – Jim Rohn
A question to yourself,
Can you succeed without Motivation?
I know, a lot of people have been wondering about this question. What do you think? Do you think that people can achieve great success without motivation?
In my opinion, I believe that this is NOT going to happen.
After going through all the reasons above, I bet by now, you should have a clear understanding of why motivation is important and how it can lead you to success.
I don’t think that people who have no motivation can achieve success. The reason is simple, really.
Just think about it, are you going to work harder without motivation? Will you put in 100% to make things work when you lack motivation?
The thing is that motivation says a lot about our characters. People who lack motivation will never treat their careers with passion.
Now, look at the way you treat your goals Ask yourself, how do you treat your goals?
Do you feel excited about them? Or do you feel stress and pressure because you need to work on them and achieve them?
Successful people and people who are motivated feel excited every time when they talk about their dreams and their goals.
And more importantly, they are willing to go the extra mile to get things done, to deliver a better job, and to achieve greater success.
And people who lack motivation will NEVER do so. They treat their goals and dreams with the half-hearted approach. They do things for the sake of doing them. They are not passionate, and they don’t really care about the results.
And this is why motivation is important. This is how motivation can lead you to success.
“Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts” – Winston S. Churchill